Right after I tell you that you have a lot of bosses comes this article by Joel Spolsky about Seven Steps to Remarkable Customer Service. That’s Seth Godin’s definition of Remark-Able: Being so good, people remark.
- Fix every problem two ways – solve it then prevent it from ever happening again.
- Have a person answer the phone – one with enough ability and experience to do the above
- Plan ahead how to say things in the right way
- Take the blame
- Solve the Problem
- Make it easy for your bosses to get their money back (hint – it will make it much easier for them to give it to you in the first place)
- If I gave you all 7 steps (8 actually) you wouldn’t read the article. Go do it.
[tags]customer service, entrepreneur, customer, small business [/tags]